Here we go with another week of training! More core and bodyweight work. I can feel I’m getting stronger in my upper body. Not sure how my lower body is doing though without the running ahaha.
Every single day this week I did 3 sets of:
- 15 push-ups
- 20 v-sits
- 20 goblet squats (10kg kettlebell)
- 5 ground to overhead with a 10kg kettlebell (per side)
Started off with a little run of 9 x 1′ on/off. I intended to do 16 reps, but had to stop early due to pain in my foot.
For my core, I did:
- 6 rounds 3′ on 1′ off:
- 4 burpees
- 8 sit-ups
- 12 weighted lunges (10kg)
- Hip mobility work
- Conditioning work consisting off:
- 10kg thrusters
- Jumping jacks
- American kettlebell swings
- 4 sets 45″ on 15″ off:
- Reverse plank shifts
- Tempo push-ups (3 seconds down, fast up)
- 10 min EMOM
- 2 wall walks and a 5″ pause at the top of each rep
Got out for a 26 km bike ride along with a run which was 17 x 1′ on/off at a faster pace before my foot gave me pain.
- 8 min AMRAP
- 10 “I” raises
- 10 “Y” raises
- 10 “W” raises
- 10″ crow pose
- 3 Rounds
- 5 Candlestick roll
- 10 Cossack squat
- 10 Feet together squats
- 20 min EMOM
- (1) – Bent over DB see-saw row
- (2) – DB Reverse lunge in place, alternating
- (3) – 3 point planche lean complex
- (4) – DB Single leg deadlift, alternating
- (5) – Rest and recover
- 15 min EMOM (with 2 x 2.5 kg weights)
- (1) – Seated DB see-saw press
- (2) – DB Good mornings
- (3) – DB Renegade row
- (4) – (DB) Cossack squats, alternating
- (5) – Rest and recover
- 5 min EMOM of 30″ plank shoulder taps
- 3 rounds of 21 weighted Bulgarian split squats
I got out for another run today with no pain – 16 x 1′ on/off.
- Strength exercise (8 min AMRAP)
- 10 cossack squats
- 20 flutter kicks
- 40 jumping jacks
- 15 min AMRAP
- 15 goblet squats
- 15 burpees
- 15 sit-ups
- Accessory work
Went out for a 26km bike ride in the morning.
- 6 sets of 3 min AMRAP
- 80″ run on the spot
- 2-4-6-8-10 etc. alternating burpees and deck squats (with a 10kg kettlebell)
- 2 rounds of:
- 10-second front support hold
- 10 front support shoulder taps
- 10-second 45-degree handstand hold
- 10 shoulder taps (or small hand placements) in the 45-degree handstand position
- 10-second full handstand hold
- 10 shoulder taps or small transition steps
In 20 minutes. I managed 18 rounds and 12 reps. That’s 95 pull-ups, 187 push-ups and 270 air squats. WOAH!
I finished off in the evening with some more SLIPS practice and a nice bit of stretching.
I would typically have gone for a bike ride, but having some early morning commitments today, I decided not to.
- Strength exercises
- 3 sets of 50 banded glute marches
- 3 sets of 10kg kettlebell rotations
- 3 sets of frog pumps
- 3 sets of 10kg kettlebell halos
- 3 sets of 8 clamshell side plank press-ups (per side)
- 2 min AMRAP pike handstand push-ups
- 10 min AMRAP (all with a 10kg kettlebell)
- 10 American kettlebell swings (10kg)
- 10 left arm thrusters
- 10 right arm thrusters
- 10 weighted sit-ups
- 2 min AMRAP hand release push-ups
- Challenge workout (my time was 9:37) – 10 rounds of:
- 20 jumping lunges
- 10 air squats
- 10 push-ups
I got out for another 26 km bike ride in the morning.
Then later on in the day I did a lot of gymnastics work and finished off with some stretching!
Went out for a 40 minute walk with a 10kg weight vest. Whilst on my walk I did 4 sets of 10 weighted dips and a total of 50 pull-ups (1 set of 10 and 8 sets of 5) with it on.
Later on in the day I got out for a run which was 18 x 85″ on 35″ walk recovery. I was quite happy with it since I managed to run fast without any problems with my foot although it felt a bit tender later on in the day.
It feels like progress with my foot injury has stagnated. I still have faith though that I’ll recover and get through this no matter how long it takes so I can run free again!
Weekly Mileage: 27 km run + 78 km cycling
How was your training this week?