The pain in my foot definitely seems to have subsided for the most part so I might try going out for a run again. I’m hoping it will go well and I can start my path to running fast once again!
The Week As A Whole
Still doing mostly core and workouts from SugarWod with Accessory with Alec and CompTrain, but started doing some running and more cycling which is a start!
Started with a 17.1 km bike ride in the morning before doing some core later in the day.
For my core I did a 6 min AMRAP (as many reps as possible) of:
- 10 handstand kick ups
- 20 v-sits
Along with a 3 minute plank followed by 100 toe touches and some strength/mobility work which was:
- 30 tricep dips
- 90 second deep squat hold
A little run in the morning which was 5 x 1′ on with 1′ walk recovery. No issues with the foot which was great although the pace was fairly slow.
For core, I did 3 rounds of:
- 360 degree plank (30 seconds each side)
- 60 jumping lunges
- 30 slow air squats
Then for handstand practice I did 10 x 10 second wall facing handstand hold.
Started the day with an 18.5 km bike ride.
For core I did:
- 100 Russian twists
- 75 sit-ups
- 50 weighted (5kg) Russian twists
- 25 weighted (5kg) sit-ups
Followed by 2 sets of:
- Max effort leg raises on each leg
- 30 seconds Bulgarian split squats on each leg
- 15 seconds Bulgarian split squats on each leg
Before accumulating a total of 3 minute in a wall facing handstand. I broke it up into 60 seconds followed by 4 x 30 seconds.
I just went out for 10 x 1′ on with 1′ walk recovery on Thursday. My foot felt good until after the third rep when it began to feel a bit tender.
Another bike ride, this time 22.5 km in the morning.
For core, I did the following:
- 10 min AMRAP
- 12 pike hand stand push ups
- 16 v-sits
- 5 minutes of handstand practice
- 12 min AMRAP
- 10 burpees
- 25 double taps (jump like you’re skipping and double tap your thighs with your hands)
- 6 min AMRAP
- Max kettlebell press (10kg)
- On the minute, 10 sit-ups
Some more core today which involved:
- 4 rounds of:
- 1 min clap push-ups (I manage 18 – 20 each round)
- 1 min reverse flutter kicks
- 1 min side plank right
- 1 min side plank left
- 2 min rest between rounds
- 4 rounds of:
- 20 floor facing ‘I’ raises
- 20 pike ups using a towel
- 1 min rest
- Max effort wall sit (my time was 3:20)
- 3 rounds of:
- 12 x 10kg right arm overhead lunges
- 15 x 10kg right arm deadlifts
- 12 x 10kg left arm overhead lunges
- 15 x 10kg left arm deadlifts
It was pretty tough, but I felt good after it all!
Decided I’d go for a bike ride today. I meant to keep it at a moderate pace, but I was fighting the wind the whole time so I felt like I had no choice to go hard! I did 26 km at an average pace of 24 km/h which is the longest ride I’ve been for yet!
It’s been great to start doing some jumping exercises at home, I just need to be cautious and careful when starting up my running to make sure I don’t aggravate any pain in my foot because I don’t want to be injured for longer! I’m starting to enjoy the cycling quite a bit, particularly when I can listen to podcasts on the fly!
Weekly Mileage: 3.2 km + 84 km cycling
How was your training this week?